These are pump charts that were created for Vegreville Fire Department (Vegreville, Alberta).
- VFD Pump Charts.ods - OpenOffice spreadsheet that I use to create the charts
- VFD Pump Charts.xls - Excel version, may or may not render appropriately – useful if you want to look at the math
- VFD Pump Charts.pdf - Print-ready charts in PDF
- All figures have been calculated using math – not actual measurements. Expect actual fireground measurements to be different (flows probably lower).
- Because of the variety of hose currently in-service and purchased from different vendors over many years, manufacturer friction loss coefficients were not used. The friction loss coefficients from the IFSTA pumping book were used instead.
Printing the pump charts
I recommend getting the PDF charts printed at Staples. You can order online or take a USB stick with the print-ready file on it to the store. The print-ready file needs to be printed on 11x17” paper (tabloid-size). I suggest ordering with cardstock 100lb paper and #10 lamination.